Spring-Fast Grommet Edging: FM Series
The FM Series has the lowest profile of any wire protection grommet edging available
and it provides a near flush surface on one side of the mounted chassis.
The steel substrate encapsulated with lubricious fusion bonded nylon gives fast snap-on superior abrasion
and chemical resistance, enhanced gripping strength for severe shock/vibration, multi axis flexibility.
- Superior performance: encapsulated stainless steel core: outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
Grommet Differentiation Table (GDT)
|FM||Parallel||Multi axis||Yes||No||No||Good||No||1 flat side||Flush|
- Commercial use when superior grip strength and retention is important – plus flush mount capability
- Straight and roll formed edges
- Small radii inside or outside corners
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Nylon encapsulated stainless steel substrate
- Snaps on fast with finger pressure
- Installs continuously with multi axis conformity
- Self locking with strong retention – no adhesives
- Simpler install: no adhesive, fixturing, curing, clean up or OSHA concerns
- Maintenance is far easier due to its ease of application, use and removal
- Customization available (lengths, colors and print)
- Resistant to hydrocarbons, immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration.
- Operating Temperature Heat Continuous to -40°F to 285°F (-40°C to 140°C)
- UL94 V-0 Flammability Rating
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance to rms G 41.7
- 3 sizes to fit edge thickness: 0.044” to 0.090” (1.1 mm to 2.3 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths and reels: 25 ft. (7.8 m), 100 ft. (30.5 m), 500 ft. (150 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go-no go sizing gauge, cutter cart