Spring-Fast Aerospace Grommet Edging: Aero
The BAP Aerospace Flexi-Grommet™ Series protects wires and cables from chafing and arcing.
- Superior performance: encapsulated spring steel core outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
- BAP Substrate is encapsulated with lubricious fusion bonded EPOXY for superior abrasion and chemical resistance.
- Polymer cushion providing a sacrificial soft interface for cables to protect against abrasion.
- Greater gripping strength for severe shock and vibration environments with 4-axis flexibility.
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Encapsulated with a steel substrate
- Snaps on in seconds with finger pressure cutting total install costs by 49%
- Installs continuously and is very flexible for use on straight edges and sharp inside and outside corners
- Self locking with strong retention
- 2- or 4-axis flexibility fits single/multi-plane applications including small inside/outside radii
- Chemically resistant to most hydrocarbons, Skydrol immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration resistance
- Across the product life cycle its ease of application, use and removal will consistently save time and money
- Customization available
Spring-Fast Process Benefits
- Significant reduction in installation steps and time
- No special handling, training or special gear
- No toxic adhesives/VOCs – a green solution with no clean up or Haz-Mat issues
- No fixturing during curing
- No delays waiting for the adhesives to cure
- No long term embrittlement of the nylon grommet itself
- No adhesive degradation over time
- Heat continuous to 185°F (85°C)
- Low Temperature to -40°F (-40° C)
- High Corrosion Resistance
- UL94 V-0 Flammability Rating
- Superior Dielectric Strength
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance to rms G 41.7
- Continuous Edge Protection on Flanged Holes, 1/8″ (3.2 mm) or greater inside radius and 1/4″ (6.4 mm) or greater outside radius
- Sheet Thickness 0.02” (.5 mm) to 0.25” (6.4 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths or some factory precut lengths of:
-25 ft. (7.6 m)
-100 ft. (30.5 m)
-500 ft. (152 m)
- Roll-Fast™ installation roller
- Full by-pass shears for burr free cut
- Spring-Fast cutter cart
- Customization/private branded kits are available