Spring-Fast Military: NASM22529/2 Series
The MIL SPEC Series per NASM22529/2 offers a versatile steel substrate encapsulated with lubricious fusion bonded epoxy
for superior abrasion and chemical resistance. It has enhanced grip strength and is 2 axis conformable.
It adds a sacrificial polymer cushion as a softer and sacrificial wire interface for even greater wire protection.
NASM22529/2 Series is the NASM22529/1 plus a sacrificial polymer cushion.
- U.S. Defense Dept. FAA approved: NASM22529/2 and National Stock Number: Federal Supply Code 5325.
- Superior performance: encapsulated stainless steel core: outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
Grommet Differentiation Table (GDT)
|Notes: Includes sacrificial cushion. Increased abrasion resistance.|
- Military use and in service worldwide on airframes, wings, tails, bulkheads, webs, lightening holes, APU’s, avionics,
radars across tactical vehicles, helicopters, jets, military transports and miscellaneous tactical equipment
- Aerospace use on business jets and general aviation aircraft: IFE, seating, galleys, toilets, bulkheads, avionics, etc.
- Straight edges, knockouts, access panels and penetrations
- Small radii inside or outside corners
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Epoxy encapsulated stainless steel substrate.
- Snaps on fast with finger pressure
- Installs continuously with single axis conformity
- Self locking with strong retention – no adhesives
- Simpler install: no adhesive, fixturing, curing, clean up or OSHA concerns,
reduces installed costs
- Maintenance is far easier due to its ease of application and removal
- Customization available (lengths, colors and print)
Key Specifications (download spec sheet below)
- Resistant to hydrocarbons, immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration.
- Operating Temperature Heat continuous to -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Flammability Rating per Mil Std: FAR 25.601, FAR 25.853
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance per MIL-STD-1344 to rms G 41.7
- 8 sizes to fit edge thicknesses: 0.025” to 0.26” (0.6 mm to 6.6 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths and reels: 25 ft. (7.6 m), 100 ft. (30.5 m), 500 ft. (152 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go / no-go sizing gauge, cutter cart