Spring-Fast Grommet Edging: SL Series
The SL Series has a steel substrate fully encapsulated in flexible, lubricious TPE
for superior abrasion and chemical resistance.
It has 4-axis flexibility and acts as a best in class grommet edge or a high performance edge trim.
- Superior performance: encapsulated stainless steel core: outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
- Used in high performance applications: aircraft structures/interiors, avionics systems,
military vehicles, NASCAR vehicles, supercomputers, medical equipment and rail transit
- Straight, roll formed and flanged edges
- Multi axis flexibility for flanged holes and small radii inside or outside corners
- High performance edge trim
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- 100% TPE encapsulated stainless steel substrate
- Snaps on fast with finger pressure
- Installs continuously with multi axis conformity
- Self locking with strong retention with no adhesives
- Simpler install: no adhesive, fixturing, curing, clean up or OSHA concerns
- Maintenance is far easier due to its ease of application, use and removal
- Customization available (lengths, colors and print)
Key Specifications (download spec sheet below)
- Resistant to hydrocarbons, immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration
- Operating Temperature Heat continuous to -67°F to 203°F (-55°C to 95°C)
- UL94 V-0 Flammability Rating
- RoHS and DFARS Compliant
- High gripping strength, corrosion resistance and dielectric strength
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance to rms G 41.7
- 7 sizes to fit edge thicknesses: 0.02” to 0.145” (0.5 mm to 3.7 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths and reels: 25 ft. (7.8 m), 100 ft. (30.5 m), 500 ft. (150 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go-no go sizing gauge, cutter cart