Use Case: Medical Blood and Cell Diagnostic Equipment
Client: A major OEM manufacturer of medical testing equipment
Solution: Spring-Fast BT Series (BT3 and BT5)
- Protection against abrasion and scuffing was needed for the extensive wiring located inside the units control compartment that ran internally from the power supply through the housing and connected to all the component diagnostic equipment.
- The units had rectangular cut-outs and 90-degree corners however nylon grommets did not conform to corners – they wanted a continuous grommet conformable in multi-axes
- Nylon and glue was a labor-intensive multi-step process. This yielded completed work of variable quality because multiple pieces had to be cut and glued for coverage which in turn created multiple terminating ends particularly at corners which necessitated more glue or tape and a low-quality appearance.
- The units had thicker panel thicknesses >1/8” which made nylon grommet strips harder to bend and apply in tight radii, increasing the need for mitered joints and extended assembly time.
- The grommet had to have a UL-94V-0 flame rating
Replace the PE or nylon grommets with Spring-Fast BT series grommet edging.
- Fast easy application with simple finger pressure without adhesives provided the needed wire protection.
- The BT series is conformable in multi-axes so could handle the rectangular cutouts and corners in a single continuous piece.
- The nylon coating of the stainless steel substrate with the softer sacrificial TPE cushion yields a tough flexible grommet that can be removed and re-applied easily.
- BT series is qualified for Flammability UL94-V0
- Strong edge retention – tested to earthquake and aerospace standards for mechanical shock and vibration achieving RMS G 41.7.
Why it works so well
Spring-Fast BT series has a stainless steel substrate for excellent retention strength. It is encapsulated in flexible nylon, with a lubricious TPE cushion for superior abrasion protection, chemical resistance, and multi-axis flexibility.
Its effectiveness is due to its design: the steel core has castles, or gripping teeth, that angle into the metal edge creating a gripping force and powerful edge retention without any form of adhesive. It is also easy to apply as it has an angled leading edge that makes application to edges self-aligning and simple.
The BT Series is one of several series designed by DTi.
Find out more about Spring-Fast BT series here
Why not see for your self – request free samples here