Spring-Fast Grommet Edging: Flexi-Grommet™ BAP Series
The BAP Series has a steel substrate encapsulated with lubricious fusion bonded nylon
for superior abrasion and chemical resistance. It also has enhanced gripping strength
for severe shock and vibration environments, multi-axis flexibility – plus a sacrificial polymer cushion.
The BAP Series is the AP series plus a sacrificial polymer cushion.
- Superior performance: encapsulated stainless steel core: outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
Grommet Differentiation Table (GDT)
|BAP||Parallel||Multi axis||Yes||Yes *||No||Fair||No||No|
|* Includes TPE sacrificial cushion for increased abrasion resistance.|
- Commercial use when superior grip strength and retention is an important factor
- Roll formed edges
- Small radii inside or outside corners
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Nylon encapsulated stainless steel substrate with a polymer cushion
- Snaps on fast with finger pressure
- Installs continuously with multi axis conformity
- Self locking with strong retention – no adhesives
- Simpler install: no adhesive, fixturing, curing, clean up or OSHA concerns
- Maintenance is far easier due to its ease of application, use and removal
- Customization available (lengths, colors and print)
- Resistant to hydrocarbons, immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration
- Operating Temperature Heat continuous to -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- UL94 V-0 Flammability Rating
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance to rms G 41.7
- 7 Sizes to fit edge thicknesses: 0.02” to 0.26” (0.5 mm to 6.6 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths and reels: 25 ft. (7.8 m), 100 ft. (30.5 m), 500 ft. (150 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go-no go sizing gauge, cutter cart