Spring-Fast Grommet Edging: SL-FST Series
SL-FST is fully encapsulated in a flexible non-halogen, flame retardant,
low smoke, low corrosive, and low toxic TPE for EN 45545-2 FST compliant abrasion protection.
With 4-axis flexibility, it can be used as best in class grommet edging or edge trim.
- FST compliant for EN 45545-2.
- Stainless steel core fully encapsulated in a flexible non-halogen, flame retardant, low smoke, low corrosive, and low toxic thermoplastic compound for FST compliance and abrasion protection.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
Grommet Differentiation Table (GDT)
|SL-FST||Parallel||Multi axis||Yes||Yes - integral||Yes||Good||No||No||EN 45545-2 compliant|
- Where Fire, Smoke, Toxicity protection is needed – e.g., rail, aerospace, automotive, etc.
- Used on straight, roll formed and flanged edges
- Multi axis flexibility for flanged holes and small radii inside or outside corners
- Also used as a high performance edge trim
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient, and costly. DTi has a better way.
- 100% encapsulated in a flexible non-halogen EN 45545-2 compliant TPE
- Flame retardant, low smoke, low corrosive, and low toxic
- Best in class abrasion protection
- Snaps on fast with finger pressure – no adhesive
- Installs continuously with multi axis conformity
- Self locking with strong edge retention with no adhesives
- Simpler to install: no adhesive, fixturing, curing, clean up, or OSHA concerns
- Maintenance is far easier due to its ease of application, use, and removal
- Customization available (lengths, colors, and print)
- EN 45545-2 compliant TPE
- Resistant to hydrocarbons, immersion, salt spray, shock, and vibration
- Operating Temperature Heat continuous to -13°F to 194°F (-25°C to 90°C)
- RoHS and DFARS Compliant
- High gripping strength, corrosion resistance and dielectric strength
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance to rms G 41.7
- 7 sizes to fit edge thicknesses: 0.02” to 0.145” (0.5 mm to 3.7 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths and reels: 25 ft. (7.8 m), 100 ft. (30.5 m), 500 ft. (150 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go-no go sizing gauge, cutter cart