Seal Application Use Case #201
Use Case: FST Compliant Control System Cabinet for High-Speed Rail
Client: A major OEM of Rail Car pneumatic braking systems
Solution: Seal-Fast Door Seal with Film Bonded Ends – One Piece Assembly
- Current rectangular silicone seal used a pressure sensitive adhesive tape (PSA) to fasten to the chassis but it did not bond consistently or reliably.
- It was very difficult to replace properly when damaged because sections of the material and adhesive would remain in places which made refitting slow and costly.
- Material and PSA tape was not tested and approved to meet Flame Smoke and Toxicity (FST) requirements.
- Water leaks were common at the seals terminating ends which required repair and a slow, messy adhesive application on site – making damaged sections even more difficult to replace.
- Seal-Fast™ FST Silicone edge mount bulb door seal
- Pre joined terminating ends one-piece application
- Solved the bonding and leakage
- Passed the IPX6 rating per IEC-60529- 3-minute water spray over the entire box at 100L/min.
- Meets the FST requirements laid out by ASTM
- Easy application with finger pressure with no adhesives
- Saves time and money with quick assembly
- Metal substrate gives it “aerospace standard” grip strength
- 100’s of profiles available
- Made in the USA
For more information on Seal-Fast Silicone Door Seals go here
Request Free samples here