Use Case: Automotive Power Heavy Duty 60kW Hydrogen Fuel Cell Modules
Client: OEM manufacturer of Automotive Zero-Emission Fuel cells.
Solution: Spring-Fast SL Series
- The solution had to protect the wiring from abrasion and scuffing.
- The grommets had to be vibration/heat resistant with a UL-94V-0 rating
- Tight engine compartments made glued in grommets very difficult to apply/reapply.
- Nylon or PE grommets with glue or PSA failed in normal operations testing – leading to lower quality & rework
- Thermoplastic nylon or polyethylene can flow/deform/melt as temperature rises.
SOLUTION: Replace the PE/nylon with Spring-Fast SL grommet edging
- Fast easy application with simple finger pressure without adhesives provided the needed wire protection.
- The TPE encapsulation of the stainless steel substrate is flexible, resists deformation, and protects wiring from damage caused by abrasion.
- Qualified for vibration Mil-Std-810C, Flammability UL94 V0
- Strong edge retention – tested to aerospace standards to rms G 41.7 for mechanical shock and vibration.
Why it works so well
Spring-Fast grommet edging has a steel substrate and most series are fully encapsulated in flexible TPE for superior abrasion protection, chemical resistance, and 4-axis flexibility. The steel core has castles, or gripping teeth, that angle into the metal edge creating a gripping force and powerful edge retention without adhesives.
Find out more about Spring-Fast SL series here
Why not see for your self – request free samples here