Use Case: Energy Sector: Offshore and onshore wind turbine enclosures.
Client: Major OEM in the energy technology sector incl. wind /hydro/solar
Solution: Trim-Fast EPDM S7
- The generator and power inverter in a wind turbine's hub & machine head behind the rotor need to be consistently and reliably protected from the environment given they are so exposed to the elements.
- The enclosures are designed for strength and rigidity so are thicker than typical industrial wire routing panels and can range up to 3/8” so the material had to be large profiled.
- The seal needed to be UV resistant and exterior weatherometer tested and compliant to SAE J1960.
- Easily applied and removed as necessary while maintaining edge retention
Replace the existing seals with the Trim-Fast EPDM S7 series.
- Proven reliable environmental protection across many industries and applications.
- Trim-Fast EPDM S7 series is large profiled and works on application thicknesses up to 3/8” (9.5mm)
- Trim-Fast EPDM is UV resistant, exterior weatherometer tested, and compliant to SAE J1960.
- Fast easy application with simple finger pressure with no adhesive. It can be removed and reapplied as needed. The strong edge retention “grip” design resists high mechanical shock and vibration.
Spring-Fast grommet edging was employed to prevent wire abrasion in the hub/ machine head behind the rotor.
Find out more about Trim-Fast EPDM here
Request Free samples here