Use Case: Fire Smoke Toxicity (FST) Compliant Railcar Window Seal on Amtrak regional passenger railcar
Client: A well known rail OEM that offers design, manufacture and end use system integration. They handle multiple rail car design/build programs simultaneously including mock-up and prototype development.
Solution: Seal-Fast Silicone FST Compliant Window Seal – Flexible Around Window Radii
- The original seal was not FST approved.
- The original door seal design was difficult to install around challenging radii due to its profile form factor and the relative inflexibility of the material. This lead to poor fit and water leakage.
- The client used Seal-Fast™ FST Silicone edge mount bulb door seal.
- Meets the FST requirements laid out by ASTM.
- Its flexibility and design form meant it fit snugly around the corner radii of the window and gripped the surface tightly.
- Easy application with finger pressure with no adhesives
- Saves time and money with quick assembly
- Metal substrate gives it “aerospace standard” grip strength
- 100’s of profiles available
- Made in the USA