Grommet Application Use Case #101
Use Case: Food processing – Industrial Cooking Equipment – Commercial Fryer
Client: A major OEM of food processing equipment
Solution: Spring-Fast AP Series Grommet Edging –Green Epoxy Coated AP3MA-EC06
- The power & temperature control wires in the fryer were chafing against sharp metal edges as they ran from the front-end user controls to the internal control electronics.
- Nylon or polyethylene grommets with pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) linings failed in normal operation testing as the heat separated the adhesive lining and the grommet strip from the panel edge.
- Nylon grommets did not meet the UL RTI (relative temperature index) operational requirement.
- Thermoplastic nylon or polyethylene tended to flow/deform/melt as the fryer temperature rose.
Replace the PE/nylon with Spring-Fast AP Series Grommet Edging -Green Epoxy Coated Stainless Steel
- Fast easy application with simple finger pressure without adhesives
- Solved the chafing problem quickly and easily
- The green epoxy is a thermoset plastic that does not deform/flow/melt in the fryer temperature range.
- Met the stringent UL RTI requirements –namely UL746B, at an RTI up to 105°C (220°F)
- Strong edge retention – tested to aerospace standards for mechanical shock and vibration.
– Solved the problems/met their needs
– Saved 49% of total installation costs
– Best in class performance.
– Increased overall job productivity by 9.5x
Find out more about Spring-Fast AP series here
Request Free samples here