Spring-Fast Grommet Edging: Overview
Spring-Fast Grommets protect wires and cables from chafing and arcing.
- Superior performance: encapsulated spring steel core outperforms plastic grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
- Aerospace, rail, IT/telecom, automotive, construction, medical instrumentation, food service
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Encapsulated with a steel substrate
- Snaps on in seconds with finger pressure cutting total install costs by 49%
- Installs continuously and is very flexible for use on straight edges and sharp inside and outside corners
- Self locking with strong retention
- 2- or 4-axis flexibility fits single/multi-plane applications including small inside/outside radii
- Chemically resistant to most hydrocarbons, Skydrol immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration resistance
- Across the product life cycle its ease of application, use and removal will consistently save time and money.
- Our 12 types of Spring-Fast from High Heat to Military Spec will meet almost all needs
- Customization available
Spring-Fast Process Benefits
- Significant reduction in installation steps and time
- No special handling, training or special gear.
- No toxic adhesives/VOCs – a green solution with no clean up or Haz-Mat issues
- No fixturing during curing
- No delays waiting for the adhesives to cure
- No long term embrittlement of the nylon grommet itself
- No adhesive degradation over time
- Sheet Thickness of 0.020” (.5 mm) to 0.250” (6.4 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths or some factory precut lengths of:
-25 ft. (7.8 m)
-100 ft. (30.5 m)
-500 ft. (150 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale,
go-no go sizing gauge, cutter cart
- Customization and Private branded kits are available